IT Vendors BIT Group's GOLDEN TRIANGLES
How BIT Group is dynamically positioning you with your market share in your competitive ecosystem
- IT Vendors Ranking tool competing with Gartner Group’s Magic Quadrants ™ or Forrester Research Waves™, BIT Group’s Golden Triangles give a combined financial and technical point of view of a market, via an innovative graphical representation of the Capitalistic Markets Axiom in an open economy.
- According to this axiom, at its consolidation process term, a capital-intensive market organizes itself around a Leader and a Challenger (or two Co-leaders) that must have 20%+ market shares to sustain these positions over time, and all the other players must have a “niche / focused actor” strategy with market shares < 5% (No “independent” future for players with market shares between 5 and 20%).
- As for the IT industry, only the hardware and software segments are capital-intensive segments; Services are not considered as “capitalistic” and shall be treated separately.
- IT Hardware / IT Software : Golden Triangles allow to classify players by business segments (business intelligence, SOA-ESB...), and assign them in one of the 4 Triangles with the following comments :
- The “Golden” Triangle with the Leader and its Challenger : they are tagged with the “L” and “C” letters if their market shares are 20% or more, and the “1” and “2” figures otherwise,
- The two “Blue” Triangles for niche / focused actors with market shares less than 5%,
- The “Red” Triangle in the Centre, which identifies the players who MUST adapt their strategies in the short-medium term: make acquisitions to reach the Golden Triangle if the Leader or Challenger positions are available or detained by second-tier players, seal an alliance with the Leader or Challenger, reduce their offering scope to defend their independence as a niche / focused actor.
- IT Services special case : The Golden Triangle is reserved to players with a proven Global Delivery Model (GDM), a clear vision and the associated execution capabilities. The Red Triangle contains second-tier global players and the Blue Triangles are formed with either Regional or Focused actors.
- As an IT Vendor, you may acquire the Golden Triangles of the domains you are active in, at the same pricing conditions as for the enterprises, for an internal use only. For a commercial use (brochures, documentation, Web sites, Extranets...), rights of reproduction and use must be acquired. Please, contact BIT Group.